Monday, August 31, 2009

Have You Seen Me?



A friend of mine had a whole army -- well, perhaps more of a squadron -- of orc minis when we were in second grade. I can't seem to find hide nor hair of them on the internets. Does anyone have a clue where they came from? I say they were orcs (because my friend painted white hand and lidless eye badges on their shields) but they may have officially been 'goblins', 'kobolds', or even miniatures not specifically for D&D. 
     The most memorable detail was their faces weren't pig-shaped but instead were more tiki-like (as I've tried to recall above). They were cool. Any ideas?

14 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

They were not Games Workshop orcs, I gather? Like this?

brandykruse said...

Hey Darius!

Nope, not them. Thanks, but these guys were pretty close to what I drew, shorties, about 2 heads tall. I maybe should've added that I was in second grade in 1975.

dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dave said...

Were like the AD&D goblins?

Goblin

Geoff said...

Have you tried the HeroQuest orcs?
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&um=1&sa=1&q=hero+quest+orc&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&start=0

brandykruse said...

Thanks Dar! Thanks Geoff!
... but sadly, no.
The quest continues!

Mr Co-Op said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr Co-Op said...

Was it the old Ruglud's armoured orcs?

The attached picture is of the metal miniatures. They had attachable plastic shields.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/9/3/1/0/9/webimg/291872697_tp.jpg

Mr Co-Op said...

Add this to the previous url:

/291872697_tp.jpg

Blogger seems to keep chopping it off.

dave said...

Colmarr you can use html, I just figured that out myself.

Your link

brandykruse said...

Thank you lads, but, no, still not the guys. I do appreciate the digging!

dave said...

You should try posting this to enworld or to the wotc forums.

FeelinZombified said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FeelinZombified said...

Hot damn, I might have found them..

Orcs?